Registration is now closed
(REGISTRATION OPEN – 11/23/2020 THRU 12/6/2020)
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
- Previous Winner Eligibility: Residents who won 1st Place in a category in 2019 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2020. 1st Place winners in 2019 must compete in a different category.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 6th, 2020.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 18th, 19th, and 20th between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be notified on December 22nd, 2020.
- Prize placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be announced and awarded at the Village Board meeting on January 19th, 2020 at 7 p.m. (due to Covid regulations, prizes will be delivered or mailed to home).
- In addition, there will be a Facebook contest for those who submit a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold – The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional – Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Rookie – First year entering the contest.
- Facebook Contest – Residents’ Choice
- 1st Prize: $500 gift certificate
- 2nd Prize: $250 gift certificate
- 3rd Prize: $100 gift certificate
- Online registration will be accepted Monday, November 23th, 2020 thru Sunday, December 6th, 2020.
- For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Public Works.